A Pause Practice: Reflect, Refresh, Reset – A peek in your mirror.
[Give yourself a break – for a few minutes… when you notice the need…]
- Thinking back, over the last little while (the last hour or so, the last day or so, the last few days or so… take your pick – but make a clear pick and stick to it):
… what has had your attention?
[What have you given your attention to? What have you invested yourself in?]
- Reflecting on this a little deeper,
… what has been your intention behind that attention?
[What has been underlying the attention? What has been underlying that ‘underlying’?]
- Looking forward from this pause (but from within ‘the now’…)
… what is now your intention, your underlying intention?
- How do you plan on attending to that intention?
[in particular… what will you do that’s new? What is your ‘will’? What do you openly will?]
- In the next little while – specifically,
… what do you now plan on giving your attention to?
[What do you intend to consciously invest yourself in?… in the next hour, the next day, the next week? …. whatever initial reference period selected]
- What possibility do you sense you have just created… in your pause?
[What future will you emerge? … a new commissioning of your self/Self]
[Notes by Ian Wight, May 7, 2014; revised October 24, 2017]